Saturday, January 17, 2015

My phrase {2015}

I'm not sure if I've shared this before but ever since 2012 instead of New Year's resolutions I come up with a phrase to live by throughout the year and that hopefully will stick forever. I personally like it better because instead of remembering my years by the resolutions I failed to stick to I have a phrase that gives meaning to them. Not that there's anything wrong with setting goals and working to accomplish them, it's just my personal preference for the beginning of the year.

With everything we were going through in 2012 "Trust and be Thankful" were the words that resonated in my heart. So much so that it was the phrase I held on to for 2 years. 2014 brought the calm after a couple of stormy years "Relax and Enjoy" marked that year. We had spent so much time longing to have a baby in our arms and the time was finally here so I made it a point to soak up every moment, every challenge, every milestone. There was so much to enjoy in 2014. My growing baby and my grown belly. When we found our I was pregnant again I wanted to take advantage of the sweet time Ethan and I were sharing (just us) because I knew that would soon change forever. It was a good year!

For 2015 I chose "Here and Now". We're only a few days into the year and I've already thought of many ways in which I want to apply this. I really hope that at the end of the year I can say I was present in my life. I don't want to spend my time wondering what my life would be if Evan had lived. I don't want to spend my time wishing for more babies. My reality right here, right now is that I have a wonderful husband and two beautiful boys in my arms. I don't want to miss any of what God has in store for us. I don't know what life would be if... I don't know what life will be when... All I know is what life is like right now and if I'm honest with you it is pretty awesome!

I have the privilege of being provided for. I have the luxury of staying home with my boys. I get to watch them grow every day. I go to bed at the end of the day next to my best friend. We have family, friends and friends that are family close and far. We have more material things than we know what to do with. There's food on our table, in our fridge and in our pantry and these are only a handful of things off the top of my head.

This is just the tip of the iceberg regarding what I know this year's phrase will teach me. Looking forward to discovering more!

What about you? Do you have resolutions or a phrase or maybe a word for this year? I'd like to know if you'd like to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment