Thursday, June 9, 2011

Inspiration.

So today I was very bored at work and I started browsing through blogger to see if I could find more interesting people to read about (I do this more than I care to confess). Anyway I came across this blog and I just couldn't stop reading!

I've always known that I wanted to be a stay-at-home wife/mom but it never occurred to me that this desire could be more than a wish to not have to wake up every morning and go to an office for 8 hours. For a while now I just thought of myself as a passionless woman that just wanted to stay home and sleep or watch tv all day because no office job sounds attractive to me. Now even when this does sound appealing I don't think Bruce would love this idea and to be honest I don't think I could do that for too long I think it would drain the life out of me as much as my 9-5 job does.

I've been working 9-5 over the past year and although it has been great for our finances (we have been able to live a very comfortable life) and for me, in a way, (I really wouldn't have as much house work to do to keep me busy all day every day); it is not at all what I see myself doing for the rest of my days, gosh no! I think I would die slowly.

Reading the blog I mentioned above shined a whole new light on my desire. It is a God-given desire! He made me that way! He created me so I would want to be a better wife for my husband, have a clean and pretty house, plan, shop and cook meals, be there to see my kids' milestones, raise them and love on them! That's why I've never had passion for the work place or any career in particular.

Now I do have a plan to keep being productive. I am an interpreter and translator and that opens a world of possibilities for me to work from home at least while we don't have kids. I have already given the first steps back home (long story) so I'm praying I will be back home in a couple of months!

Thank you God for the many ways you use to speak to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment