Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I am doing it!

I am on week 8 of my couch to 5k training! To be honest I messed up a bit and repeated w3 on w4 so I've been running for 7 weeks (and counting) but I'm behind on the actual training  schedule anyway it doesn't matter that much because the point is that I AM actually running! I never thought I would find an achievable training and 6 weeks in a row is a huge achievement for me! I've tried to excersice before and I haven't gone further than a couple of weeks tops.

When I started writing this post on Thurday I was proud of the fact that I am keeping up with the training I started but on Friday I achieved something even bigger that made me VERY PROUD of my consistency and taught me something that might be obvious for you but it wasn't for me. So after work I went grocery shopping when I was driving home I was debating between running or not because it was getting dark. I got home and thought I could beat darkness, I put on my running atire and off we went (the dogs run with me). I started my 5 min walking and then I thought I started the timer for the 8 min jogging. When I started approaching the spot where I had started running and the timer hadn't gone off I started wondering. I checked the timer and I hadn't really pushed the start button. I had already ran 1 mile straight and didn't even know it so I pushed a little harder and ended up running a whole 1 mile and 1/2 and I haven't looked back since. More progress has happened the last couple of days. I've been running 25 mins straight and I'm loving it!

Yeeeey for me!

Oh and what I learned: I can run better with no sun, while it gives me a beautiful tan it drains the energy out of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment